Where can I begin?
If you are new, hi!
To be honest I don’t even know where to start. Finding a healthy balance between my career and my personal life has not been easy at all. My main goal by December is to have it worked out to a point that I don’t feel guilty for spending less time with my amores.
Why change? I personally am in a place where I love my career. I honestly love what I do. However, I feel the need to start setting boundaries between both to prevent me from “burning out” and start on building a stronger life I’ll be proud of. I realized that I’ve distanced myself from my extended family. I’m in a very long healing pathway right now.
Things that I’ve changed so far:
- I’ve been trying to leave my classroom at a decent time. With meetings taking up most of my afternoons, I’m trying my best to leave as soon as I possibly can to spend the rest of the afternoon at home. (Even if that means working on school work at home.)
- Stopped comparing my life to others. It’s super easy to get sidetracked by what others are doing. For example, watching someone else balance their life so easily. I constantly remind myself that everyone has a different story and priorities. My life is a little complex but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I have two amazing teachers I admire and aspire to be like. Their priorities are in order and they do an extraordinary job teaching!
- Learning to say, “No.” I hate not being able to help others at times but I’ve learned that my time is valuable and there are going to be times when I have to pick myself over others. Nothing personal, it’s impossible to make everyone happy.
- Having an agenda. That’s right! I’ve invested in a small calendar, I have it color-coded with important dates connected with my career and personal events. I’ve also merged it with the calendar on my cellphone.
- Confirming appointments! Time is very valuable, so I’ve been confirming plans with my family members/ friends 24 hours in advance.
- Being open to evolving. Evolving is not something that happens overnight and it’s an ongoing process. It can also look very messy before it gets better so I’m learning to be even more patient.
That’s all I have, for now, thank you!
Thank you for joining me on my new journey as an educator. I can’t wait to continue to grow! Don’t forget to be kind and love one another. & always lead by example!
✐ 𝙼 𝚒 𝚜 𝚜 𝙻 𝙼 ♡