Affiliate Link for GIGI PIP
I want to start by thanking each and every one of you all. I’ve been blogging through this platform since 2018 and honestly, I have made many friends that I will miss a lot.
I have decided to take a break.. I recently lost a very close loved one and I am having a hard time keeping myself busy or trying to find my purpose.
With this said, in my personal life, so many things are currently changing and with those changes I am required to put a lot more effort into my schedule.
I am also in the process of going into my second year of teaching! I am very nervous about COVID-19 and how my classroom and school structure will change.
Love you all and stay safe!
“What is the difference between remote and distance learning?”everyone around the world
-During our current situation I’ve heard the terms “remote” and “distance learning” being thrown around. The term that I’ve been hearing lately is “online learning” which made me realize you can call it whatever you want but I am sure everyone may have similar feelings towards each.
What is it like?
I’ve been connecting with my kiddos through Teams (video conference calls) for about six weeks now (this is week number 6 for us) and I still miss seeing my kiddos in our regular school setting. I must say that our Principal and Assistant Principal have done an amazing job helping everyone and ensuring everyone remains connected, not only as “staff” but as a family. We are truly very blessed to have our school’s counselor available not only for our kiddos and their families but for our staff too. The district also has a program for our children to get breakfast and lunch everyday.
In addition, it is a work in progress that we keep trying to celebrating and embracing everyday. Some days in my intervention groups, I have 2-3 kiddos sign in, other days I have more. I must admit, it is often very hard to remain positive, but that’s when having a team and family come in. Although I am literally plugged to my laptop from 8 to 5 sometimes. My back is literally killing me as well as my neck pain. Something that I am enjoying is using the restroom whenever I want to.
With this said, I can not imagine what educators that have children of their own are going through. Personally, I do not have any children of my own, but I have a sister with special needs. I try to create as many learning experiences and as many entertaining memories for her but she misses school. It breaks my heart that she does not understand what is going on and why she can not see her friends. However, I am grateful that I get to see her beautiful smile everyday. I am also very blessed to spend more time with my mom at home.
What did you have to make peace with?”My therapist
I have not completely made peace with everything but I am learning to let go of things I have no control over. I am heart broken. I am so sad I did not get a chance to give my kiddos and colleagues a proper goodbye. I did not get a chance to hug them as much as I would of liked. It makes my heart hurt that they will not get a chance to sign my yearbook or share stories with me. I also will not get the chance to hug to say goodbye to my teacher/friends that are retiring and moving. I did not get a chance to train my future safety patrols. The only thing that helps me find comfort is knowing that God has a plan.
I hope to be back soon. I love you all very much. I also appreciate all the sweet messages and all the shares. I pray you are doing well.
Two close friends are having babies! Yes, that’s right! I am excited! I’ve went to different cites but most of the places don’t carry enough “neutral” tones. Below are some links of items I found on Amazon. I am open for suggestions.
-Thank you all.
I will be updating this post.
Hi! I know it’s been a while but a lot has happened since the last time I blogged! I hope everyone is safe and doing well. I pray that you and your loved ones are well.
Before I start, I wanted to mention a special company that is so dear to my heart, Educational Insights!
If you know me, you know I brag about them 24/7. I honestly love this company and everything they stand for. My kiddos and I love using their tools in our classroom! A while back, before the COVID-19, my kiddos and I received a gift! Not a regular gift, a cool educational gift!
(I keep all our Hot Dot Pens and cards in this container for my kiddos to place back and that way we can keep it organized.) I also had 2-3 kiddos trying to take them home.
My kiddos enjoyed working with our Pete the Cat and Ollie! They loved our sets! Since the day the started to use them, I could see their confidence building up! If they made an “oopsie” they would look at it again and when they got it right they cheered! You can also find out what other items I use from Educational Insights and how I incorporate them in our learning environment by clicking this other post here.
However, since we are under “digital learning” or “working/learning from home” not all my kiddos were able to take a Hot Dots pen home with them. Instead, we are able to pull up resources provided on their website!
In addition, they provide all types of learning resources for all KIDDOS! Including kiddos in the early stages of learning! I recently purchased the Playfoam, and let me tell you, it is wonderful for therapy!
Many of you may not know, but my younger sister has Angelman Syndrome. She is currently 16 years old but due to her development delay I would say she is still in the early learning stages. Since we are learning from home, she is not able to receive her services for her safety and her therapists. So now more than ever, my mom and I are responsible for providing those sensory and learning opportunities for her. This Playfoam is perfect! The texture is amazing! Crystal really enjoys it! Plus, its mess free! That’s right! We don’t have to worry about cleaning up any mess! We recently replaced her old sensory box with one filled with Playfoam and a couple of different objects.
As soon as I get a chance I’ll upload a picture here! You can also find Educational Insights on Amazon! If you are interested in purchasing from their website they always have promo codes! As of today, they have a 30% off site wide (excluding sale items) with the code LEARN.
Check them out! Also, if you would like me to do a blog post about #Angelman Syndrome let me know! I’m more than happy to let you all in a special place in my life!
Also, this blog is not sponsored. All recommendations are legit!
Thank you for your unconditional support.
✐C. Lopez M! ♡
Welcome! Today I will be sharing my favorite classroom (teacher edition) essentials I can not live without! I’ve included links in case you are interested in a product.
Disclaimer: All of my opinions and recommendations are honest with good intent. Some of the links are affiliate links. Purchasing through these links will NOT affect your check out process in any way, I make a very small sales commission that will help my blog. I also like to see what items we share common interest.
With this said, lets get started!
- Scents! When I moved into my classroom, I wanted to make sure my classroom had a special touch! I wanted everyone that entered my classroom to feel welcome and cared for. As I mentioned on my instagram, I use the oil plug ins in my classroom and the automatic spray holder for my home. Out of all the scents, the Cashmere woods is literally my favorite! I also tried oil diffusers, click here if you would like to compare them.
- Skin Sticks! Yesss! My very first one was given to me as a gift! My friend/mentor introduced me to them and now I have three! I am equally obsessed with the Bamboo and Almond & Honey . As a teacher, I spend most of my free time washing my hands as much as possible! Water can quickly dry our hands, the skin sticks are travel friendly and fun to use. They are super easy to use and leave my hands feeling A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! They don’t leave my hands feeling oily, instead they lock in moisture that can literally last me a whole day! If you get a chance you should try them out! Click here, if you are interested.
- Propolis Spray! Yup, that is right! Unfortunately, I tend to get sick every season! My friend/mentor introduced me to Beekeeper’s Natural throat spray! If you would like to compare prices, click here. I trust Beekeeper’s Natural spray because it is alcohol-free, keto friendly, uses raw honey, and only contains THREE ingredients.
- VapoRub + Excedrin! There are days when my migraine symptoms will not go away, for those days I have VapoRub! I often get laughed at for using vaporub for almost everything! But it works! I apply some to my temples and nape. With this said, I keep a bottle of Excedrin inside my desk! Since I was 10, I was diagnosed with both Migraine with aura. I was under a special treatment for 4 years and unfortunately it didn’t go as planned. The older I get the worst it gets. Excedrin is here for me and helps me get through a day of teaching!
- Sanitizing and disinfecting! Last year we experienced a stomach virus at my school! As an EIP teacher I work with almost 60+ kiddos a day and interact with a lot more! Our janitorial staff used Purell multisurface disinfectant spray to sanitize and disinfect the school. Every afternoon I spray lysol disinfectant spray on desk, tables, materials, and chairs. I also like the way it doesn’t leave a residue behind!
Thank you so much for your support!
Let me know what your essentials are!
✐C. Lopez M! ♡
It is finally February! I hope this month brings us all the patience we need. This month I decided to mention my latest buys from Amazon! As many of you know, most of the items in my classroom have been purchased through Amazon. However, I’ve decided this post will include home and personal care items!
-My fun educational tools from Amazon will be going live next week. 🙂
1. If you are like me, you will definitely love this magnetic key holder! I always struggle finding my keys! It is super easy to use and it holds AirPods too! Click here, to shop.
2. My goal for 2020 is to drink more water! I’ve own so many different water bottles, but nothing tops this one! Its is so sturdy, handy, and low-key cute! So far I’ve dropped it twice, and it has not leaked a bit! Plus, it has a straw. Check out the wrist strap! Available in so many different colors! Click here, to shop.
3. This tool has been so essential lately! When I traveled to Mexico, I accidentally left it home! It is perfect if you travel and like to avoid overweight fees! I’ve attached this picture from Amazon. As I mentioned before, I misplaced it. Click here, if you want to see the other colors.
4. Hate lint on your clothes? I’ve own one of these for about seven years now! It is super easy to use and clean! To see it in action, scroll all the way to the bottom! To get your very own, click here.
5. This next item is one that I have had for a while now. This baby here has helped me with my anxiety and depression. It refreshens my mind and takes my worries away, even if it is just for a quick minute. I also use the minute timer at school. Click here, to check it out!
Click here for my newest obsession.
I was rushing trying to get “instagram worthy” pictures of my items, but I decided to just post the ones I already have:
Disclaimer: All of my opinions and recommendations are honest with good intent. Purchasing through these links will NOT affect your check out process in any way, but it will support my blog.
Thank you for your unconditional support.
✐C. Lopez M! ♡
As you can see I’m so excited! It’s official! I made it to Winter break! The last two weeks were very challenging, but I made it! I’m currently on the plane on my way home! Christmas Eve is almost here and I’m going to get the chance to spend it with my family! I haven’t been home for about three years now! I’m so excited! I’ll finally get a chance to meet some of my family members from my momma’s side and I can’t wait!
I also have to vent about my terrible experience with Delta! I’m so disappointed. Every time I fly, I always fly with Delta. However, this is my second time traveling with my sister and mom through Delta. The first time was wonderful compared to today! The staff members in the check-ins and the Homeland security crew were so so rude!
Furthermore, traveling with my sister isn’t an easy process as we wish it would be. Her wheelchair often gives us trouble. Today was so horrible I felt so sick and wanted to cry! Yes, I had a panic attack! When the checking in process and baggage check was all over, I looked over to my mom and could see that I wasn’t being dramatic at all.
My Goal For This Week: To eat tacos from Tacos Ayala, and seafood from Las Palmeras! I also have to fix my room and get rid of all my old furniture!
✐C. Lopez M! ♡